Thursday, April 28, 2011

A Series of Unfortunate Events Book 1 - The Bad Beginning

I am very happy because I have graduated from the Magic Tree House series and Mrs. W thinks that I should read something higher. My brother has been reading The Series of Unfortunate Events and has been telling me how interesting it is. So I picked this series. I did not pick Harry Potter because I think it will be too hard for me. 
When I turned in this reading log, Mrs. W was shocked and asked me, "SP, when did you start reading Lemony Snicket?" The whole class was staring at me. 
Well, back to my reading log...

The Bad Beginning
By: Lemony Snicket
Number of pages: 162

1. Is this story fiction or non-fiction?
This story is fiction.

2. What is this story mainly about?
This story is mainly about the children who have bad things happen to them in their lives and Count Olaf tries to steal their fortune. 

3. Did the setting change through out the story? Explain how and why?
Yes, the setting did change throughout the story - from the beach to Count Olaf's house to the bank to the theatre. 

4. Did you expect the story to end the way it did? Explain
Yes, I did expect the story to end the way it did because it says Count Olaf is very smart and cunning. 

5. Did you learn any new words? If so, list the words and use them in sentences.
I learned a lot of new words. Some of them are:
1. bustle: When you are late for work you bustle.
2. bulbous: Garlic is a bulbous plant.
3. outburst: At parades an outburst can happen.
4. abominable: The Baudelaire children had many abominable moments in their life.
5. literally: I literally kicked the ball.

Mrs. W's response:
Is this the first L. Snicket book you've read?

No comments:

Post a Comment